Sometimes, minor state change notifications are undesirable, such as when the notification sending of the entire state table could flood a network. This could happen in a large Exchange environment. It could also happen in a combined Exchange Server 2007and Exchange 2003 environment with multiple routing group connectors between routing groups and different Exchange 2003 bridgeheads in different routing groups.
To disable minor link state changes, use the following commands on each Exchange 2003 server:
1. Start the registry editor (regedit.exe).
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\RESvc\Parameters.
3. From the Edit menu, select New - DWORD value.
4. Enter as a name SuppressStateChanges and press Enter.
5. Double click the new value and set the value to 1, then click OK.
6. Close the registry editor and restart the SMTP, Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine, and the Microsoft Exchange MTA Stacks services.