A. Creating a cluster under Server 2008 is a simple process. Once you have run the validate action to ensure the configuration will be supported by Microsoft, follow these steps to create the cluster:
1. Select the "Create a Cluster" in the Failover Cluster Management Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in.
2. Click Next to the "Before You Begin" dialog box.
3. Add the nodes that will be part of the cluster and click Next. Note this is different than with ealier versions of Windows. We now tell the wizard all the nodes that will be in the cluster and the wizard will add and configure all the specified nodes.
4. Enter a name for the cluster along with an IP address that will be used for administrative access to the cluster unless DHCP is used, in which case, DHCP will automatically assign an address to the cluster, as the Figure shows.
5. A confirmation screen will be displayed confirming the settings. Click Next to create the cluster.
6. Once cluster creation is complete, click Finish. You can also click the View Report button to see details of the actions performed.
You should always view the generated report as it gives information on any recommended actions (e.g., changing the quorum model). Reports are stored in the %windir%\Cluster\Reports folder for viewing at any time.