A. If you embed lots of pictures in a PowerPoint file, it will get very large. Luckily, there's a built-in capability to reduce this size.
- Click on any picture in the presentation.
- Click the "Picture Tools" tab that appears on the ribbon, shown here (click to enlarge).
- Click "Compress Pictures."
- Select "Options..." from the dialog.
- Set your option to fit your needs. Options include specifying a desired resolution, deleting cropped areas of pictures, and automatically performing basic compression. Click OK to close the dialog.
- Save the updated file.