A. Although you can perform all ADS functions on individual computers, you might want to perform an action on a predefined group--or set--of machines. ADS sets let you create a group of servers (which can include other existing sets, to form a hierarchy), and that group can then be the target of actions or deployments that you want to perform.
To create a set, perform the following steps:
- Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) ADS Management snap-in (click Start, Programs, Microsoft ADS, ADS Management).
- Select the Sets branch from the window's treeview pane.
- Right-click Sets and select New Set from the context menu.
- You'll see the New Set dialog box, which the figure at figure shows. Enter a name for the new set and, optionally, a description.
- Select from the list of available devices the devices you want to include in the set, then click Add.
- Select from the list of available sets the sets you want to include in the new set, then click Add.
- When you're finished, click OK.