When you open Control Panel in Windows XP SP2, you occasionally receive an error that is similar to:
An error occurred while Windows was working with the Control Panel file C:\windows\system32\netsetup.cpl
This error can occur if the Visual IP InSight program from Visual Networks is installed.
To workaround this issue, you can do any of the following:
1. <b>Start / Run / msconfig / OK</b>
2. Select the <b>StartUp</b> tab.
3. Clear the <b>Startup Item</b> box for <b>IPMon32.exe</b> and press <b>OK</b>.
4. Shutdown and restart Windows XP.
<font size="+1"><b>Uninstall Visual IP InSight</b>:</font>
1. <b>Start / Run / appwiz.cpl / OK</b>
2. Select <b>Visual IP InSight</b> and press <b>Remove</b>.
3. Press <b>Yes</b> to confirm the deletion.