When you attempt to connect to the Internet, you receive a message similar to:
Limited or no connectivity: The connection has limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources.
NOTE: You may also receive error 678 or 769.
You may receive this notice when any of the following is true:
- Your (or your ISPs) hardwired DHCP server is down.
- The DHCP server is down on your wireless network.
- Your wireless network WEP key is wrong or non-existent.
- Your TCP/IP settings are corrupt.
- Other connection issues.
To disable this notice for your computer only:
1. Start / Run / ncpa.cpl / OK.
2. Double-click Local Area Connection and press Properties.
3. Select the General tab.
4. Clear the Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity box.
5. Press OK and Close.