To install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter in Windows Server 2003:
1. Download the Devcon.exe utility.
2. Double-click the downloaded Devcon.exe file and type the folder where you want the WinZip Self-Extractor to unzip the file to.
3. Press Unzip.
4. Press OK and close the dialog.
5. Open a CMD.EXE prompt.
6. Change (CD) to the i386 sub-directory of the folder you extracted Devcon.exe to.
7. Type devcon.exe install %windir%\inf\netloop.inf *msloop and press Enter.
8. When you see output similar to the following, close the CMD.EXE window:
Device node created. Install is complete when drivers are updated...
Updating drivers for *msloop from C:\WINDOWS\inf\netloop.inf.
Drivers updated successfully.
9. Verify that the Microsoft Loopback Adapter is installed by opening Network Connections in Control Panel.