When you Scan for updates at the Windows Update site on Windows XP, you receive a message similar to:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\iuctl.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
To fix this problem:
1. Right-click a blank area on your desktop and press New and Folder.
2. Name the desktop folder TEMP_iuctl.
3. Download the iuctl.cab file to the TEMP_iuctl folder.
4. Double-click the Iuctl.cab in the file TEMP_iuctl folder.
5. Copy all the files in the Iuctl.cab file to the TEMP_iuctl folder.
6. Right-click the Iuctl.inf file in the TEMP_iuctl folder and press Install.
7. When the installation finishes, right click the TEMP_iuctl folder on your desktop and press Delete.
8. If prompted to confirm, press Yes.