When you use your computer as a dial-in device for a router, and apply a static route to the incoming connection, the PPP/SLIP interface does not function after your restart your computer.
If the WAN interface is applied to a different internal ID, this behavior will occur.
NOTE: When you apply a static route to the PPP/SLIP interface, the current internal ID is retained permanently. When you restart, the static route may reference an internal ID that is now assigned to a different device.
To workaround this behavior:
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Press Add or Remove Programs.
3. Press Add/Remove Windows Components.
4. Select Networking Services in the Components box.
5. Press Details.
6. Check the RIP Listener box and press OK.
7. Press Next and complete the wizard.