When you right-click a LAN, or high speed Internet connection, and press Repair, the following actions are performed in the order listed:
- If the connection uses DHCP to obtain an IP address, an ipconfig /renew is performed.
- The ARP cache is flushed by performing an arp -d *.
- The NetBIOS name cache is reloaded with a nbtstat -R.
- A NetBIOS name update is sent using nbtstat -RR.
- The DNS cache is flushed with an ipconfig /flushdns command.
- The computer performs a DNS name registration using ipconfig /registerdns.
- Windows XP SP1 performs an IEEE 802.1X Authentication Restart, if appropriate.