During the GUI portion of Setup, for each file that Setup cannot copy, you receive:
Setup cannot copy the file <FileName>
The following files are probably referenced:
Cmprops.dl_ Licwmi.dl_ Mmfutil.dl_ Servereps.dl_If you view the %SystemRoot%\Security\Scesetup.log file, it may contain any of the following errors:
Error 1208: An extended error has occurred. Error opening %SystemRoot%\Security\Database\secedit.sdb. Error 1208: An extended error has occurred. Errors occurred. Error 1208: An extended error has occurred. Error creating database.These problems are symptomatic of a corrupted security database ( %SystemRoot%\security\database\Secedit.sdb), which can be caused by an improper shutdown (power failure, pressing the power button without first shutting down, or hardware failure).
To resolve this problem:
1. Press Start and Run.
2. Type esentutl /p %SystemRoot%\security\database\secedit.sdb into the Open box and press OK or Enter.
3. Press Start and Run.
4. Type %SystemRoot%\security into the Open box and press OK or Enter.
5. Right-click the Edb.log file and press Delete. Press OK when prompted to confirm the deletion.
6. Right-click the Edb0000x.log file, where x is any character, and press Delete. Press OK when prompted to confirm the deletion.
7. Shutdown and perform the in-place upgrade again.
NOTE: If you can't delete these log files, perform the deletions from the Recovery Console.
NOTE: As a result of the corruption, cached local security policy settings may be lost.