When you run the ICS Wizard, your receive one of the following:
An error occurred while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled. The dependency service or group failed to start.
1068: Dependency service or group failed to start.
To workaround this behavior:
1. Start / Run / MSConfig / OK.
2. Select the Services tab.
3. Make sure that each of the following services is checked:
Network Location Awareness (NLA)
Plug and Play
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
Remote Access Connection Manager
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
5. Press Close.
6. Press the Restart button.
7. After the restart, rerun the ICS Wizard.
NOTE: If you continue to experience this problem, verify that these services have not been disabled for the hardware profile you are using:
1. Start / Run / Services.msc / OK.
2. Double-click a service.
3. Select the Log on tab.
4. If the service is disabled in this hardware profile, press Enable.
5. Select the General tab.
6. Set the Startup type to Automatic.
7. Press Apply and OK.
8. Shutdown and restart your computer.
9. After the restart, rerun the ICS Wizard.