When the list of possible install partitions is displayed during a Windows XP setup or repair, the following message is displayed:
No Disk in Drive.
This behavior will occur if any of the following are true:
- Windows XP requires a driver for a RAID controller.
- Windows XP requires a driver for a SCSI controller.
- You have an Iomega Zip drive installed, or plugged in to your computer.
To resolve this problem, use the appropriate remedy that follows:
Zip Drive:1. Unplug or remove the Iomega Zip drive.
2. Restart the Windows XP setup or repair.
3. When you have finished, reinstall the Iomega Zip drive.
RAID or SCSI controller:1. Download the latest Windows XP driver for your controller.
2. Create an 3 1/2 floppy installation disk for the controller card drivers.
3. Start the Windows XP Setup or repair.
4. Press F6 when you see the following message:
Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the 3rd-party driver for your controller.
6. Continue the setup or repair of Windows XP.