An Organizational Unit is a container that can map your companies functional or business structure. Each domain can have its own structure, containing users, groups, computers, and even other OUs from the domain.
You can assign Group Policy settings or delegate administrative authority to an OU.
To create an Organizational Unit:1. Open the Active Directory Users And Computers snap-in from the Administrative Tools folder of your Start menu.
2. Right-click the domain object, or another OU, and press New / Organizational Unit.
3. Type a descriptive name into the Name box and press OK to insert an icon in the list.
To add objects to the Organizational Unit:1. Right-click the OU and press New. Press the name of the object that you wish to add.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
To modify the attributes of an Organizational Unit:1. In Active Directory Users And Computers, select the OU that you want to modify.
2. On the Action menu, press Properties.
3. Select the tab that contains the properties you wish to modify.
4. Type, select, or add the values for each property.
5. Press Apply and OK.