To install print services, you must be a member of the Administrators group:
1. Insert the Windows Server 2003 CD-ROM, holding down the Shift key to prevent it from starting.
2. Use Control Panel to open the Add or Remove Programs applet.
3. Press the Add/Remove Windows Components button in the left-hand pane.
4. Select Other Network File and Print Services in the Components list. Do NOT alter the check box setting.
5. Press Details.
6. Check one or both of the following:
Print Services for Macintosh: This option permits Macintosh users to send print jobs to a print spooler on the server that is running Windows Server 2003.
Print Services for UNIX: This option permits UNIX clients to print to any printer that is available to the print server.
7. Press OK.
8. Press Next.
9. Press Finish.
NOTE: If you haven't installed the AppleTalk protocol, checking Print Services for Macintosh will install it.
NOTE: Checking Print Services for UNIX will install the LPR port and the TCP/IP Print Server service.