If Automatic Updates are configured, or when you attempt to install updates, you experience one or more of the following:
- You cannot install some updates.
- You are prompted to install one or more updates that you have already installed.
- When you attempt to install an update, you receive an error message similar to:
Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer.
To workaround this behavior:
1. Exit all programs, including antivirus and other file system filter driver applications and services.
2. Open a CMD.EXE prompt and type:
RD /S /Q %SystemRoot%\System32\Catroot2
3. If prompted to confirm the deletion, press Yes.
4. Exit the CMD.EXE prompt.
5. Install the updates.
NOTE: See the following:
|How do I configure the Automatic Updates features in Windows XP?|
|How do I schedule automatic update in Windows 2000 and Windows XP?|
|How do I configure Automatic Updates by using Group Policy or the registry?|