The subject behavior will occur if all of the following are true:
- The Show common tasks in folders option is enabled.
- The Fade or slide menus into view option is enabled.
You can workaround this behavior by selecting the item before your right-click it.
To prevent this behavior:
1. In Control Panel, press Performance and Maintenance.
2. Double-click the System icon.
3. Select the Advanced tab.
4. Press the Settings button in the Performance area.
5. On the Visual Effects tab, clear the Fade or slide menus into view box.
6. Press Apply, OK, and OK.