When you start your computer, the Welcome to Windows logon screen does not appear. You may also receive a message that is similar to the following:
A recently installed program has disabled the Welcome Screen and Fast User switching. To restore these features, you must uninstall the program.
The following file name might help you identify the program that made the change:
User interface failure.
Contact Symantec for any possible fix.
To resolve this problem, either uninstall PCAnywhere or:
1. Restart your computer in Safe mode by pressing F8 at the boot menu.
2. Select Safe Mode.
3. Start / Run / Regedit / OK.
4. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon.
5. Right-click the GinaDLL Value Name and press Delete.
6. Press Yes to confirm the deletion.
7. File / Exit.
8. Restart Windows XP normally.