When you use Microsoft Windows Journal to convert a handwritten note to text by using Convert Handwriting to Text, you receive:
The requested command cannot be completed because required components cannot be found. If this problem persists after restarting, contact your system administrator.
You have a missing or mis-configured Advanced Text Service.
To fix the problem:
- Tap Start / Control Panel / Regional and Language Options
If you are set for Category View, tap Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options.
- Tap Details on the Languages tab.
- In the Installed services section, verify that the following Advanced Text Services are installed:
- Tablet PC Correction
- Tablet PC Correction for Windows Journal
- Tablet PC Text Insertion
- On the Advanced tab, tap to clear the Turn off advanced text services box.
- Tap to select the Extend support of advanced text services to all programs box.
- Tap OK and restart your tablet PC.