When you open any Active Directory snap-in or tool, you receive a message similar to:
Failed to open the Group Policy Object.
Details: The specified network password is not correct.
This behavior will occur if the DNS settings on your computer are NOT properly configured:
01. Use Control Panel to double-click Network and Dial-up Connections.
02. Right-click Local Area Connection (or the name you have assigned to your internal network adapter) and press Properties.
03. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and press Properties.
04. Make sure that the IP address on the Preferred DNS server box points to the local DNS server. If this is NOT a Microsoft Windows 2000 (or greater) DNS server, it must be BIND 8.12 or later. If it is pointing to your ISP, implement DNS Forwarding. Alternately, you could point the Alternate DNS server to your ISP.
05. Press the Advanced button.
06. Select the DNS tab.
07. Make sure your local DNS server is listed first in the DNS server addresses, in order of use box.
08. Check the Append primary and connection specific DNS suffixes radial button and check the Append parent suffixes of the primary DNS suffix box.
09. Make sure the the DNS suffix for this connection box has your Active Directory domain name, like JSIINC.COM, and check the Register this connection's addresses in DNS box.
10. Press OK, OK, and OK.