When you use My Network Places to browse Active Directory, printers are NOT displayed.
To create a Printers container in Active Directory:
01. Start / Run / adsiedit.msc / OK.
02. Expand Domain NC \[xxxxxx\].
03. Press DC=xxxx,DC=xxx.
04. Use the Action menu to press New and Object.
05. Press Container under Select a Class and press Next.
06. Type Printers into the Value box and press Next.
07. Press Finish.
08. Right-click CN=Printers in the right-hand pane and press Properties.
09. Select the Attributes tab.
10. Press showInAdvancedViewOnly in the Select a property to view box and press Clear.
11. Type FALSE into the Edit Attribute box and press Set.
12. Press Apply and OK.
13. Close ADSI Edit.
14. Open the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in to view the Printers container.
15. Use the View menu to check Advanced Features and Users, Groups, and Computers as containers.
16. Move the printers that you want into the Printers container.
- Expand each computer and domain controller, right-click the printer, and press Move.
- Press the Printers container in the dialog that opens and press OK.
17. Close the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in.
When you browse Active Directory in My Network Places, the Printers container and its' contents are visible.