After upgrading to Windows XP Professional, you receive:
Your password will expire in <number> days. Do you want to change it now?
To workaround this issue:
1. Control Panel / User Accounts.
2. Select your account name and press Create a password.
3. Type a new password into the new password and confirm boxes.
4. Press Create a password.
5. If you now wish to remove this password:
A. Control Panel / User Accounts.
B. Select your account name and press Remove password.
6. If you wish to prevent the password on a local account from expiring in n days:
A. Start / Run / compmgmt.msc / OK.
B. Double-click Local Users and Groups and press Users.
C. Double-click the user account that you want to modify.
D. Check Password never expires.
E. Press OK.
F. Close the Computer Management dialog.