When you access the Network and Dial-up Connections folder in Windows 2000, you experience any of the following:
- Only the Dial-up to the Internet and Accept Incoming connections options are available in the Make New Connection Wizard.
- You cannot open Propertiew when right-clicking a connection.
Any of the following will cause these symptoms:
- In addition to having the %SystemRoot%\System32\Rasapi32.dll library, some program had installed a copy of Rasapi32.dll in %SystemRoot% or on your desktop.
- The Telephony service is stopped.
- The Remote Access Connection Manager service is stopped.
- Your user profile has become corrupted.
To resolve this issue:
1. Remove any copies of theRasapi32.dll library that are NOT located at %SystemRoot%\System32.
2. If the problem persists, Open a CMD prompt.
3. Type net start telephony and press Enter.
4. If the problem persists, type net start rasman and press Enter.
5. If the problem persists, and the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Cards\Next key exists, use Regedit to Export the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Cards\Next key. Then delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Cards\Next key.
NOTE: If the Next sub-key exists in the default user profile, delete it.