The Windows 2000 update.inf contains an incorrect entry in the \[Strings\] section.
It references Q282522, which is a list of SP2 fix. It should reference Q320853.
This error does NOT effect functionality and can be ignored.
If you are compulsive, and SP3 is installed:
1. Use the Regedit to navigate to:
2. Right-click Q282522 and Rename it to Q320853.
If SP3 is NOT yet installed:
1. Open a CMD prompt.
2. Switch to the folder that contains the W2ksp3.exe file.
3. Type w2ksp3.exe -x and press Enter.
4. Choose a folder to extract the files to.
5. Switch to the <Folder from step 4>\I386\update folder.
6. Double-click the update.inf file to Open it.
7. Locate Q282522 in the \[Strings\] section and change it to Q320853.
8. Save and close the Update.inf file.
9. To install SP3, disable any anti-virus, or other file system filter software, and then double-click update.exe.
NOTE: See tip 5577.