To prevent a program from being added to the frequently used program list on the Start menu, or to remove a program that is already there:
1. Use the Registry Editor to navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications.
2. If ProgramName.exe is already a sub-key, skip to step 4.
3. Use Edit / New / Key to add the ProgramName.exe sub-key.
4. Select the ProgramName.exe sub-key and press Edit / New / String Value.
5. Name the Value Name NoStartPage. Leave the data value empty.
6. Exit the Registry Editor.
7. Log off and log on for this setting to take effect.