When you apply an Internet Explorer Maintenance GPO by using Preference mode, your Internet Explorer dial-up networking settings switches from Never dial a connection to Always dial my default connection. This happens even if you are connected to a LAN.
If you have checked the Enable Autodialing box within the Group Policy, you will experience this behavior.
To fix the problem:
1. Right-click the Organizational Unit (OU) that has the GPO linked and press Properties.
2. On the Group Policy tab, select the GPO and press Edit.
3. Navigate to User Configuration / Windows Settings / Internet Explorer Maintenance / Advanced.
4. Double-click Internet Settings.
5. Press Advanced Settings.
6. Clear the Enable Autodialing box.
7. Press OK, OK, and close the Window.