When you try to establish a dial-up connection, you receive:
Error 797: The connection failed because the modem or other connecting device failed. Please make sure that the modem or other connecting device is installed.
One possible reason for this error is that an incorrect modem driver is installed.
To fix this problem:
1. Log on with administrative privileges.
2. Control Panel / Phone and Modem Option / Modem tab.
3. Select your modem from the list and press Remove.
4. Press Yes at the Are you sure .... prompt.
5. Restart your computer.
6. When you log on with with administrative privileges, the Found New Hardware Wizard should start. Follow the instructions to reinstall the modem.
See tip 2800 for another reason for error 797.