When you press Start / Search, the following error is display:
A file that is required to run Search Companion cannot be found. You may need to run setup..
You have some missing or damaged files.
To fix the problem:
1. Disable any anti-virus program, any BIOS anti-virus, and any 3rd party system tool that monitors files.
2. Run SFC /SCANNOW.
3. If the Search is fixed, exit this procedure.
4. Boot from the Windows XP CD-ROM.
5. DO NOT press R to enter the Recovery Console.
6. Press F8 on the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen to agree.
7. Select your broken Windows XP installation and press R to repair Windows XP.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions.