Your Windows 2000 computer may hang, and/or not respond to CTRL+ALT+DELETE, as a result of Cursor and Advanced Drawing Acceleration. There are no error messages or relevant events.
If you suspect this problem:
1. Shutdown and restart in Safe mode.
2. Right-click a blank area of the desktop and press Properties.
3. On the Settings tab, press Advanced.
4. Select the Troubleshooting tab.
5. Move the Hardware acceleration slider to None or Disable.
6. Press OK, Apply, and OK.
7. Restart normally to see if the 'hang' problem is resolved.