To recover from a corrupted COM+ catalog:
1. Open a CMD prompt and type:
ren Clbcatq.dll ~Clbcatq.dll
2. Shutdown and restart your computer.
3. Use the Registry Editor to delete the COM3 key at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft.
4. Open a CMD prompt and type:
rmdir /s Registration.
5. Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs / Add/Remove Windows Components.
6. Press Next to reinstall COM+.
NOTE: You must also reinstall any 3rd party COM+ programs.
NOTE: You may have to perform this procedure in Safe mode if Windows File Protection interferes with this process.