When you try to connect Windows 2000 to the Internet using a shared Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) network connection that uses PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE), it won't connect?
If the PPPoe connection is configured for DSL instead of for a LAN, this problem can occur.
To fix the problem:
01. On the computer with the DSL connection, open the Control Panel.
02. Double-click Network and Dial-up Connections.
03. Right-click the PPPoe connection and press Properties.
04. Select the Sharing tab.
05. Press Enable Internet Connection Sharing for this connection, press For Local Network, and press Local Area Connection.
06. Press OK.
07. Right-click the LAN connection and press Properties.
08. Press Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and press Properties.
09. Make sure that the IP address is 192.168.0.1.
10. Verify that this computer can access the internet.
11. Restart the client computer.