The OOBE wizard usually runs when Windows XP is restarted after setup is complete.
OOBE performs the following:
- Your screen resolution is less than 800 X 600 with 256-bit color.
- The computer is a member of a domain.
- You use an unattended installation.
- You installed using Winnt32.exe.
Subsequent restarts do not cause OOBE to run.
To workaround this issue, before you run setup:
- Make sure the computer is NOT a member of a domain.
- Set the screen resolution to a minimum of 800 X 600 and 256 colors or above.
To perform the individual OOBE functions:
Product activation:Press Start, More Programs or Programs, and Activate.
NOTE: During product activation, you can also register the product.
Mouse tutorial:Press Start, Help and Support, and search for Mouse or Start, Run, type ITS:%Windir%\Help\mouse.chm::/win_mouse_buttons.htm, and press OK.