When you restart your computer after applying a Windows 2000 Service Pack, you may receive a STOP 0x0000007B BSOD.
After it restarts, Disk Management may show missing partitions or 7.88GB Healthy ones, but Windows 2000 Explorer indicates the partition is not formatted?
Windows 2000 SP1 introduced a fix for address translation on IDE disk drives.
Some IDE drives use a jumper to set address translation.
Windows 2000 has never needed this jumper to properly select when CHS or LBA address translation should be used.
To fix the problem, use the manufacturer's instructions for removing the jumper.
If removing the jumper does not fix your problem:
1. Boot the setup media.
2. Press R on the Welcome to Setup screen.
3. Press C to start the Recovery Console.
4. Logon to the Recovery Console.
5. Rename %SystemRoot%\System32\Drivers\Atapi.sys to Atapi.SP1.
6. Copy %systemroot%\$ntservicepackuninstall$\Atapi.sys to the %SystemRoot%\System32\Drivers folder or copy it from the CD-ROM.
7. Type exit to quit the Recovery Console and restart your computer.