When Windows 2000 detects the presence of a local TelnetClients group, only users who are members of this group can access the computer via Telnet, unless they are local administrators.
To create the local TelnetClients group and add user to it:
1. Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Computer Management.
2. Expand Local Users And Groups and select Groups.
3. Press Action and New Group.
4. Type TelnetClients into Group name and enter a Description.
5. Press Add and double-click the users you wish to include.
6. Press OK.
7. Press Create.
8. Press Close.