When you run RDISK.EXE, the %SystemRoot%\Repair folder is updated:
01. The System._ file is deleted.
02. The $$Hive$$.tmp file is created as the System hive is being regenerated.
03. Five DC##.tmp files are generated and deleted in the user's home directory for each hive that is generated. If the user doesn't have a home directory, the drive root is used.
04. The $$Hive$$.tmp file is compressed and renamed as System._.
05. The Software._ file is deleted.
06. The $$Hive$$.tmp file is created as the Software hive is being regenerated.
07. The $$Hive$$.tmp file is compressed and renamed as Software._.
08. The Ntuser.da_ file is deleted.
09. The $$Hive$$.tmp file created as the default user profile is being generated from %SystemRoot%\Profiles\Default user\Ntuser.dat.
10. The $$Hive$$.tmp file is compressed and renamed to Ntuser.da_.
11. If the /S option was used, the SAM.-, Security._ and default._ hives are regenerated.