If you receive:
The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion
when trying to start IIS, check any service dependencies.
If this is not the obvious cause, you may be missing the RPC Configuration service. To install it:
1. Control Panel / Network / Services.
2. Click Add and select the RPC Configuration Service.
3. Press OK.
4. Enter the path to the Windows NT Installation files: <CD-ROM:>\i386.
5. Shutdown and restart when prompted.
6. Reapply your latest Service Pack.
NOTE: If the RPC service is present, but not started, simply start it.