The steps to accomplish the subject task are:
1. Connect to the URL and create a Favorite.
2. Rename and/or move the favorite. Note that the hidden extension of this favorite is .URL.
3. Right click the <name>.url file and press Properties.
4. Select the Web Document tab.
5. In the URL: text box, replace the URL, for example: http://www.jsiinc.com, with:
|<w>|| The width of the window in pixels. |
|<h>|| The height of the window in pixels. |
|<x>|| The number of pixels from the left hand edge of the screen. |
|<y>|| The number of pixels from the bottom of the screen. |
Press Apply and OK. You may receive:
Press Yes. You may need to do this a few times.
To open IE with <name>.url, either double click it, or place the <name>.url in a batch (see tip 0090):
REM Switch to your prefered download directory C: CD C:\ZIPNEW REM Dial your ISP C:\Winnt\system32\RasPhone -d EntryName REM Run the <name>.url "C:\folder\<name>.url" REM When you exit, hang up c:\winnt\system32\rasdial EntryName /DISCONNECT exit