When you attempt to browse the internet, you receive:
Error: Page cannot be displayed.
When you run ipconfig /renew in a CMD.EXE window, you receive:
Error message: An error occurred while renewing interface local area connection: The system cannot find the file specified.
When you attempt to start the DHCP Client service, you receive:
Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
This behavior is indicative of a disabled DHCP Client service in the current hardware profile.
To resolve this issue:
01. Logon with Administrative privileges.
02. Start / Run / Services.msc / OK.
03. Double-click the DHCP Client service.
04. Select the Log On tab.
05. Verify that Enabled appears under Service for the Hardware Profile that is started. If not, select the Hardware Profile name and press the Enable button.
06. Press Apply if available.
07. Press OK.
08. Double-click the DHCP Client service.
09. Select the General tab.
10. Select Automatic in the Startup type drop-down list.
11. Press Apply.
12. Press the Start button and wait for the service to start.
13. Press OK.
14. Close the Services application.