If you remove the FindFast shortcut from the StartUp group, the index files are not removed from your partition. The Microsoft Office apps still continue to use these old index files whenever you use the Open dialogue box, which can cause delays in finding documents. The proper ways to remove FindFast is:
1. Start / Settings / Control Panel / Find Fast
2. Select an entry in Index for documents in and below and click Delete Index from the Index menu. Click OK until the index is deleted.
3. Repeat step 2 until Index for documents in and below is empty.
4. On the Index menu, click Close and Stop.
5. Remove the FindFast shortcut from the StartUp group.