A. The IISADMPWD is a great virtual directory that allows users to make Web-based password resets and is what components such as Microsoft Outlook Web Access (OWA) use for password-change functions. If the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager snap-in doesn't display the IISADMPWD virtual directory, perform these steps to create it:
- Start the MMC IIS Manager snap-in (Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager).
- Expand the name of the IIS server, expand Web Sites, right-click Default Web Site, and select New, Virtual Directory. You'll see the Virtual Directory Creation Wizard Welcome screen.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name for the virtual directory, in this case iisadmpwd, and click Next.
- Select the location that the virtual directory will point to--typically "C:\windows\system32\inetsrv\iisadmpwd". Click Next.
- Select the desired permissions. Read and Run scripts permissions are required. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
You can now reset passwords by using the IISADMPWD virtual directory, which, in this example, you can access at http://<server>/iisadminpwd/aexp4b.asp .