A. Logon as the Administrator (or a member of the Administrators group) and perform the following
- From the Start Menu, Programs, Administrative Tools and start Event Viewer
- From the Log menu, select Security
- Double click any entry for more information
- Close the individual event information window
- To clear, select Log and clear all events. It will ask if you want to save the info, click No.
- It will prompt again if you are sure, click Yes
- Close Event Viewer
In Windows 2000 start the Event Viewer MMC snap-in (Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer, or via Computer Manager). Right click on the Security Log and you can clear from the context menu.