A. There are two methods that you can use to install the Winsock proxy client. The easiest is the Web-based installation method. Before you begin, make sure that the Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) has default.htm as one of the default document types.
- Start the Web browser.
- Connect to server as http://
- Select the link on the line Install the WinSock Proxy 2.0 client for Microsoft Proxy Server version 2.0.
- Select Run this program from its current location, and click OK.
- Click Continue in the WinSock Proxy Client installation dialog box.
- Select the installation directory, and click the large installation button.
- Click Restart Windows Now.
Alternately, you can connect to the Mspclnt share on the server and run Setup.exe to manually run the setup. Follow the same installation steps that you do for the Web-based installation method. After the machine reboots, perform the next steps to confirm that the installation is OK:
- From the Start menu, select Settings, then Control Panel. Open the WinSock Proxy Client Control Panel applet.
- Check that the Server Name box contains the Winsock proxy server.
- Click the Update Now button. Click OK to the displayed message.
- Click the Don't Restart Windows Now button.
- Close the Control Panel applet.