A. Windows 98 contains the Virtual Private Network as standard and to install perform the following:
- Start the Network Control Panel Applet (Start - Settings - Control Panel - Network or right click on Network Neighborhood and select Properties)
- Select the Configuration tab
- Click Add
- Select Adapter and click Add
- Under Manufacturers select Microsoft and select "Microsoft Virtual Private Networking Adapter" in the Network Adapters box. Click OK
- You may be asked for the Windows 98 CD.
- Reboot the machine
Once the machine has rebooted to create a new VPN connection start the Dial-Up Networking software and double click the 'Make New Connection'.
Under the device select "Microsoft VPN Adapter", click Next and enter the host name or IP address of the VPN server.
To make a connection dial into the Internet then double click the VPN connection, enter a username and password and you are connected!