A. DMA support is included in Windows 2000 however it is not enabled for the devices by default and so requires configuration. Enabling DMA if supported will result in performance gains.
- Right click on My Computer and select Properties
- Select the Hardware tab and select 'Device Manager'
- Expand 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers'
- Right click on 'Primary IDE Channel' (and secondary if available)
- Select 'Advanced Settings'
- For Device 0 and Device 1 under Transfer Mode select 'DMA if available'
Click here to view image
- Click OK
- Click OK to the main system properties
- Click OK to reboot the computer