A. If XP informs you that the grace period has expired and that you must click Yes to activate the software, the OS can sometimes log off the current user when you click Yes. To resolve this problem, perform the following steps:
- Insert the XP installation CD-ROM, then reboot your computer.
- When the system prompts you to "Press any key to boot from CD," press a key.
- At the main menu, press Enter to set up XP.
- Press F8 to accept the license agreement.
- Select your current installation location, then press R to repair your installation.
- Follow the instructions on screen to perform the repair.