A. FrontPage lets you create archives of SharePoint sites for backup and restore purposes. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Use Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) to open the SharePoint site.
- From the File menu, select "Edit with Microsoft Office FrontPage."
- In FrontPage, select Tools, Server, Backup.
- Check the "Include subsites in archive" option and click OK.
- Select a folder and filename for the Web site archive file (.fwp) and click Save.
- After the backup is complete, click OK to the "Backup completed" dialog box.
To restore a site, perform the following steps:
- Create a new site (to which the archive will be restored). When the wizard asks you to select a template, close IE so that no template is applied.
- In FrontPage, open the site that you just created (Click File, Open Site, and enter the URL of the site you just created).
- In FrontPage, select Server, Restore Web Site, from the Tools menu.
- Select the name of the archive file and click Open.
- Click OK to restore the Web site.