A. By default, Windows NT and Windows NT Advanced Server log every print job processed by the server in the System Log.
To stop this perform the following:
- Select Printers from the Settings Start menu folder (Start - Settings - Printers)
- From the File menu select Server Properties
- Select the Advanced Tab
- You can then select the events to log:
- Log spooler error events
- Log spooler warning events
- Log spooler information events
- You have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.
Setting these values actually updates the registry entry which is a DWORD value. Each option has a value
Log spooler error events is 1
Log spooler warning events is 2
Log spooler information events is 4
You then add these numbers up for the combination you want, for example:
A value of 7 means log information, error and warning events.
A value of 3 means only log error and warning events.
You have probably noticed the 1, 2 and 4 is because it is just setting the relevant bit in the DWORD, so bit 1 is error, bit 2 warning and bit 3 information.