A. When you open attachments, Outlook displays a dialog box that prompts you to either "Open it" or "Save it to disk". The dialog box also includes an "Always ask before opening this type of file" check box. If you clear this check box, Outlook will in the future always open that file type without prompting you. To reset the default behavior so that Outlook will prompt you to open or save the file type, perform the following steps:
- Open the Control Panel Folder Options applet.
- Select the File Types tab.
- Scroll down to the extension type that you want to reset.
- Select the extension type, then click Advanced.
- Check the "Confirm open after download" check box, then click OK.
Click here to view image
- Click Close to the Folder Options dialog box.