A. By default Windows NT 4.0 will only detect the first eight logical units on a SCSI device.
This has been fixed in Service Pack 5 with the following action:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\<Driver Service Name>\Parameters\Device<N>
- From the Edit menu select Add - DWORD value
- Enter a name of LargeLuns and press Enter
- Double-click the new value and set to 1. Click OK
- Close the registry editor
- Restart the machine
NT will now support up to 255 SCSI units.