A. A. By default if you select a directory on a server and no default file name exists then an error is returned. It is possible to change this behavior to instead of an error a directory listing is displayed
- Start the Internet Service Manager ( Start - Programs - Microsoft Internet Server)
- Double click on the computer name of the web server you wish to modify
- Click the directories tab
- Select the "Directory Browsing Allowed" box
- Click OK
- Close the Internet Service Manager
You can only set this for the whole site, not on a per directory basis. If you want to set this on a directory basis enable the directory browsing and make sure the default file name exists in directories you do not want people to be able to browse.